Are you engaging your employees during their shifts ? If you are here, it probably causes a few problems. In this second part, we will look at 3 other ways to increase your employees’ commitment using digital signage. To see our other tips, click here to see the previous article: How to increase employee commitment using digital signage (Part 1)
This two part article offers solutions to increase employee commitment using digital signage. If you are not familiar with this method of communication, I encourage you to read our article: “5 Myths About Dynamic Digital Signage”
Sadly, many employees show up at work day after day without any real motivation. Worse still, some are there only to do their hours and collect their paycheck. We can easily affirm that they are not committed to the success of the the company that employs them.
In 2016, commitment has become a major management concern. Incidentally, it is the number one human capital priority for 91% of Canadian companies . A committed employee:
- Performs better and is 43 % more productive 
- Is 87 % less likely to quit his or her job 
- Returns up to 2,5 times more benefits 
This first part presents two of the five digital signage tips that will increase your employees’ commitment:
- Show gratitude
- Develop a sense of belonging
If you are having doubts about the importance of gratitude in generating employee commitment, here are a few numbers that will convince you:
- 77% would be willing to work more if they were shown more gratitude. 
- Employees that feel valued by their employer are 60% more motivated to do good work. 
The problem is that only 24% of employees are satisfied with the level of gratitude they receive.  Thus, it is important to communicate with employees in order to recognize their good deeds. Here are a few examples:
- Emphasize good performance
- Highlight important events, a new record for example
- Be grateful for actions large and small that move the company forward
- Display encouraging words
- Highlight social, sports, or community involvement
- Highlight when objectives are reached
- Highlight promotions and years of service
Moreover, digital signage lets you show your employees gratitude quickly. As soon as the good deed is accomplished, it is possible to communicate congratulations. It is therefore not necessary to wait until the next reunion to underline it. Digital signage lets you communicate with the right people at the right time.
In the figure below you’ll find a concrete example of what could be displayed on a screen in order to recognize a good deed.
Develop a sense of belonging
Teamwork is a good way to get employees to commit to their job. It’s a way to develop a sense of belonging, not only towards the company, but also towards colleagues.
Digital signage is a good tool for sharing information about employees in order to get to know the people with whom we work, and therefore form bonds more easily. For instance, we can display:
- Employee birthdays
- The hobbies of some employees
- Congratulations for some type of victory (sports, talent contest…)
- Invitations to events
Here is a concrete example from our client ArcelorMittal of what can be displayed on a screen.
The 3 other ways to increase employee commitment will be published in our next article. In the meantime, we’d like to know what you think. Share your impressions in the comments below, we’d love to read them.
 Heather Stockton, Deloitte, Human Capital Trends 2016
 Hay Group
 Paulson Training
 Hay Group
 (Market Tools Inc.)
 American Psychology Association Harrison Interactive
 Market Tools Inc.